faulty gas gauge on new pontiac g6

has anyone else had this problem and has it been fixed already or are you waiting due to a bulletin being out on your car?

Reply to
cissy

Wow.

My gas gauge just went out last week...it got stuck at 1/2 full and I had to get it towed to a repair shop only to find that it was out of gas!

But mine is a used 1991 Pontiac Gran Prix.

I guess the engineers in Flint take their time on these things...

Reply to
John A. Bailo

I know alot of the gm trucks(newer) have the same problem with the gauge going from full to empty and stuff like that. It's from a small contact breaking off of the sending unit inside the tank. I can check if there are any bulletins at work tomorrow for your car. What year is it?

Reply to
scrapir

"" wrote: > has anyone else had this problem and has it been fixed already > or are you > waiting due to a bulletin being out on your car?

My gas gauge just stopped working on my 2005 pontiac G6 ... I was told it was a sensor in the gas tank I am waiting for the part to come in to have it replaced

Reply to
DonnaNJ