Grand AM Ram Air..

My wife just got a 2004 Grand AM GT which we both love. Just a quick question about the Ram Air: Where does stuff that gets into the air intake go? I'm thinking about rainwater, leaves ( lots of them up here in the NE), insects, etc? The intake does not have any grille to catch large crud-- does the air filter have to deal with all of that? Is there some place that needs to be cleaned out once in a while?

****************************** Got wood? Check out my exotic hardwood pennywhistles at fair prices...
BREWERPAUL

MikeG

I have had a 2003 GAGT for a year now. 13,000 Miles. I haven't had any problems with crud in the air filter at all. It is made so a lot of the stuff in the air will go down instead of up into the air cleaner duct. We have a lot of bugs and leaves here in AR too. Be sure to watch out for oil leaks and coolant leaks where the lower intake manifold and block meet. I am in the process of lemon lawing my GAGT for those reasons. I have had a oil leak for 6 months that has not been fixed yet. I am going to get another car that has a different engine in it. Anything but a 3.4. That is just my experience with my car. Besides the oil leaks and coolant leaks, my wife and I love the car. Good luck.

Joel

Reply to
JOLA

Joel, just out of curiosity, do you use synthetic oil? Just curious because several people have told me that their cars developed oil leaks after switching to synthetic. They theorize that it is a more slippery oil that can get through gaskets that stop conventional oil.

Reply to
Sting Ray

Nope. Only regular oil. I have tried a couple of different oils because I have heard the same thing about some oils, they might leak a little bit. Oh well, maybe I just bought a lemon. It will soon be GM's lemon!!!

Joel

Reply to
JOLA