Window motor for '95 Grand Am

Hi all-- a friend has a 95 Grand Am with a window that will no longer go up. This happened gradually-- he used to be able to help the motor by manually pulling up on the glass, but now it is totally dead. I am assuming the problem is the motor. This fellow is majorly non mechanical, and can't afford to have a mechanic do it ( he just had to have a used engine put in...).. How tough is this job? Basically, take the door panel off, take the motor out, and put in the new (junkyard?) one?I could handle that. Are there good, inexpensive sources for rebuilt window motors? Thanks

****************************** Got wood? Check out my exotic hardwood pennywhistles at fair prices...
BREWERPAUL

I too had the 95GA 4door. Man, was it a chore to replace that motor in the drivers door. Had to drill out the rivets holding the motor in place. It was a couple years ago, can't go into too many details other than it was a pain in the A**!... Brand new I think I paid $50 at Autozone.

Reply to
Mike

Once you drill out the rivets, how do you attach the new motor?

****************************** Got wood? Check out my exotic hardwood pennywhistles at fair prices...
BREWERPAUL

Oh, forgot to mention that part. Either you can install new rivets or do what I did and use nuts and bolts about the same size as the rivet. Becareful not to drop any mounting hardware down into the door. That was fun trying to fish out the nuts. Good luck.

Reply to
Mike