GTO Pricing

My wife has fallen for the new GTO and it appears that GM and the dealerships are now willing to get rid of these in the Detroit Market. I have a dealer willing to let me take the keys off his hands for $28,600 including taxes (6%), title and fees. In addition, they are willing to allow me to obtain my own financing even with the various incentives. I have also seen that they are now considering throwing in the after market hoods. Just looking for some opinions as to whether it is still a bit premature to pull the trigger or wait for another few weeks????

Reply to
Bluegoat

Well at any rate, I can tell you that they are 33,300 in Tampa and 20 miles away they are at 41,000

Reply to
Nascar24Rulz

Reply to
Bryan Lee

Your numbers are almost identical to what they are trying to sell them for here in Houston. Pontiac dealers here have ads in the paper with all sorts of deals trying to get rid of them. They don't seem to be selling very well... or at all.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

heh, heh, heh I was hoping this would happen.... GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

I know what you mean... When I think of the GTO marque, I think of the John DeLorean creation... the big cruiser with cajones and style.... and here I see what looks like a Grand Prix/Am knockoff.. sure, it's got a big engine... but so what? They could have done something really cool here... instead they didn't... GM just put a big name on an existing car, whose shape really hasn't changed much itself in the last 15 years.

And yet Chevy brought out their update of the old El Camino... and that looks pretty cool. I think they should go back and make a new muscle car out of a classic Firebird/Camaro look... bigger pony car, convertable, with some style.

Serves them right.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark

Except for Lutz there are hardly any car guys at GM. Its mainly ran by SUV driving yuppies. The day Lutz retires you'll see nothing but SUV's and compact s#$%box cars from GM again. GM just hasn't been the same since going "corporate" in 1982.

Reply to
Dennis Smith

Were you referring to the SSR as a "new" El Camino?

Reply to
FBR

If not by name, it's the same idea... truck-shaped cars. Still, it looks pretty cool :)

Mark.

Reply to
Mark

Actually, an El Camino is a car-shaped truck. Neither applies to the SSR. The SSR is a truck in both capacity and styling. The body is a stylized

1947-53 Chevy pickup. There's nothing about it that looks like any car. It may look like a car to you, and if so, that's because you didn't recognize what it represents. I hope this makes sense, I'm not sure it will. I'm afraid it'll sound like an opinion.
Reply to
Joe

That was pretty much why I asked. When the Impala SS of the mid 90's came out I thought it'd be cool as hell if Chev had cut one to two doors and made an El Camino out of it. I'd like to see one of the new Dodge Magnums done like that too, or as a 2 door station wagon.

Reply to
FBR

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

The SSR isnt the new El-Camino, THIS is the new El-Camino...

Paradox

Reply to
Markeau

That certainly looks a lot better than this one:

Markeau

These appear to be hybrids though.

I th> > The SSR isnt the new El-Camino, THIS is the new El-Camino...

TM