GTO Pricing Part 2

Update and disillusionment.....

Well if sounds to good to be true it probably is. I placed the purchase order and gave them a deposit. On several ocassions I reemphasized that I would be obtaining my own financing....sure that is fine, let me see if I can come close to what you were quoted. They came up with 4%, however, I had already been approved elsewhere. Finally, the day of closing...about noon. We cant' do this unless you go through GMAC. It took them a week before someone decided to once again look at this and decide to reneg on the deal. I was told that this deal shouldn't have been done and that it was an honest mistake. So much for a deposit, purchase order and a handshake. My advice stay away from Jim Fresard Pontiac in Royal Oak Michigan. I had thought about the GMAC deal and inquired if I could pay it off in a few months and do a refi, to which they said this could be done, however, at this point I didn't trust them. I'll cut my losses on a deal not being upheld than being f'd again. This was my first attempt at purchasing a new GM Product and probably will be my last. I will look to the competition's upcoming product lines. I am still trying to cool off my wife, she was absolutely livid. To this point she has probably melted half the north pole.

Extremely disappointed It's no wonder why market share of the big three keeps on evaporating. Sorry for the hot wind, I just had to vent.

Reply to
Bluegoat

No problem, we all need to vent at times. Your story is a classic example of why you arrange financing first, then go shopping. The saleman at the dealer I looked at a Magnum at practically peed all over himself when he asked about financing and I said I'd be paying cash. I don't know about you but in the last week I got 15 offers for credit cards. My daddy didn't raise no fools. If I can't afford to pay cash, I don't need it all that bad.

Reply to
FBR

Same here. I have paid cash for every vehicle I've ever had, drive them for 10 years and get another. I don't think there is anything as reliable as my old 92 Grand Am with cast iron engine anymore though. I may keep it for a few more years.

Reply to
« Paul »

To get the $2000 rebate you MUST finance with GMAC. As the dealer told you, there is no penalty for paying the loan off early.

You should have financed the minimum amount with GMAC and then payed it off next month.

I hope the price you worked out with the dealer was in the $27,000-28,500 range because thats the going rate right now. Any dealer wanting more than that needs to go take a hike! Cheapest GTO so far that I know of was purchased for $26,888.

Reply to
Dennis Smith

Yeah I like paying cash for cars too.

73 Impala $1500 68 Buick $600 78 Olds $1899 91 Bonneville $17,300 ( Cashiers Check ) 89 Z-24 $7995

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~288,033 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

There truly is a good feeling walking away with a new toy and knowing the only other money you will be laying out is fot those new rims. Well, maybe some engine mods. Ok, also tranny an diff mods. And then some paint maybe. Some new upholstery would be nice. And music. Ok, I'll need a new garage to house it. Then since it is after all a project car I'll need a daily driver. It will need maybe a new performance chip. AAAAARRRRGGGG!

Reply to
FBR

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Yes it was actually $28,600 out the door including taxes, title etc....The problem though was he wanted me to finance through GMAC at 5.24% when I could 4.25%. Yes I could have closed and then did the refi, however, it was agreed that I could go through my own source up front. This was the bone of contention. When I provided quotes in past that may have been misconstrued at least I honored them. Since he backed out of this deal, who was not say that there was some glitch in the GMAC paperwork where they would prorate or force us to hold for some period of time. Unfortunately they renegged. As far as driving a vehicle for 10 years, it is nice to have something new every few years. Besides we put 25,000 miles on a year due to lenthy commutes. I'll just let the market shake out and reevaluate my current and future options with or without Pontiac.

Reply to
Bluegoat

I have some pics of old cars in Texas that you may like. If I can remember how to upload to my webpage, I'll make them smaller and post them.

seems that every town and most old farms have old cars out in a field.The bodies are ok but usually there is no paint or interior.

Reply to
« Paul »

I haven't financed a car since 1994..... pay cash, and sleep at night, not havingto sweat a car payment. when you get tired of what you have, trade up, and pay cash for the balance.

Reply to
Markansas