headlight replacement info 99 grand am

I've had my pontiac for a few years and i finally need to replace a lamp bulb(i have high beam on one lamp but no low).I went and bought a replacement but i seem to be having problems getting at the old bulb to change it.Yes i do have the manual but it seems to be kinda confusing.Its says to remove the splash shield first then undo the clips around the light but i can't seem to get at them after taking off the shield..can anyone help?

Reply to
darkpaws

In news: snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com, darkpaws rambled:

There should be a pin that holds each lamp unit in place. You have to pull this up. This will allow you to pull the whole unit forward so you can get at the bulbs.

Reply to
Ken Briscoe