help needed on a '96 trans am

for the past 2 days, my " rad" light on my dash has been coming on. yesterday i had a puddle of rad fluid under my front passenger wheel . after checking everything over, i couldnt find anything wrong with it. ie: fluids were full, no leaks from hoses, water pump or rad itself. after taking it to the local shop,( water pump, thermostat replaced...and no signs of leaks anywhere) , i ttok it home thinking all was good. yet today i still have the light on my dash, and a new puddle under my car. any ideas? thx in advance. T.

Reply to
Rastan

help needed on a '96 trans am Group: alt.autos.pontiac Date: Wed, Oct 8, 2003, 1:15pm (CDT-1) From: snipped-for-privacy@sasktel.net (Rastan) for the past 2 days, my " rad" light on my dash has been coming on. yesterday i had a puddle of rad fluid under my front passenger wheel . after checking everything over, i couldnt find anything wrong with it. ie: fluids were full, no leaks from hoses, water pump or rad itself. after taking it to the local shop,( water pump, thermostat replaced...and no signs of leaks anywhere) , i ttok it home thinking all was good. yet today i still have the light on my dash, and a new puddle under my car. any ideas? thx in advance. T.

you have a spitting hose it sounds like but it will only leak out when you have it under pressure as the pressure rises and the hose heats up it will shoot out a fine stream or try letting your car sit over night some times a water pump or intake gasket will not leak while its hot but will when its cold first thing in the morning start your car let it run for about 5 mins or so in idle turn it off then look to see if you see any seepage around the area you have the puddle.When hot everything expands but as it cools or is cold it wount thus saying if it wount leak hot it may be a gasket that is going out and leaks when its cold...if you see no leaks start your car agian and let it get hot then look at your hoses may be a pin hole.this is the best i can do without seeing it I hope i was of some help steve

Reply to
Steve Cook

Check - is it spitting out from the overflow rank? The opening on the overflow tank is on the passenger side - maybe you've got a cracked tank?

Ray

--

80 Trans Am 01 Trans Am Ram Air
Reply to

Heater Core ?

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~269,000 miles_~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face