Its the End of the World as We Know it,

Its the end...

Nissan is making the Titan, a V8 Full size truck,

and Chevrolet has made the Aveo, the new Geo Metro for the 00's.

What is the world coming to?

Reply to
Paradox

Dear god NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo.........Cough Cough OOOOOooooooooo!!!

I hate vehicle rebadging. If it didnt sell under its original make and model name why would it sell now? Watch out for that new one the uh... colorado and anything with a inline 5 as they are made in china as well.

Nissan, full size truck? Watta joke. Stick with the big 3 for crying out loud... I'd take a ford or dodge well before a nissan. I mean at least GM, Ford, and Dodge have had decades of experience in building "real" trucks.

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

While walking home from the Chevy dealer today I passed by Nissan. They had a Pathfinder Armanda 5.6V8 305 horsepower with 385 lbs of torque for $41,000

Another yap car to blow past the American cars.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~274,049 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

"Bon·ne·ville" wrote

They also have a lot of experience building small pickups too, but they don't seem to have learned anyting. I'd buy a Tacoma or a Nissan over a rattletrap POS Ranger, S10 or Dakota any day.

Reply to
WiScottsin

What kind of analogy is that? You have enough money to buy a supposively=20 nice Nissan but when you goto buy a domestic you're suddly pennyless and=20 can only buy a ragged out dakota or such? Yeah imports never get ragged=20 out huh... While your at it buy a toyota love truck or a datsun, those=20 are real gems. Oh and lets see who did toyota and mazda go with for a=20 portion of their small pickups?=20

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

And walking past the Holden dealer today was a 350HP HSV Avalanche LS1 AWD, with software controlled AWD adapted from the Hummer, in a normal station wagon body (OK, jacked up a little). About $45K US. Or I can hang off and buy a Ford Territory early next year with a Boss 5.4L, or a 310HP Turbo 4.1L six. (Errr - I wouldn't buy the Ford...)

And I should buy Japanese? Why?

Steve Newcastle Oz

Reply to
Steve Magee

Reply to
Keith Stelter

Thats truly what it comes down to Keith. And when something does brake down on a domestic you can goto any parts store and the parts are on hand. As for a Nissan part you may have to wait a 3 week or better for it to come in on order and then you got so much mark up on the part after all of its travels and the number of hands it had to pass through... Domestics become much cheaper to maintain in the long run for sure.

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

That is a fallacy - I've owned several toyotas ( cars and trucks ) and parts are available ( In the midwest at least ) at major auto centers just like american parts.

Then again, I've got a 96 camry right now that has never once needed a single replacement part ( exhaust included ) other than maintenance items such as tires, oil, spark plugs, etc... So I couldn't really tell you how much parts are ;-)

Reply to
WiScottsin

Gotta remember that alot of "imports" are built in the USA, so parts availability isnt as bad as it used to be in the 70's and 80's. Now if you have something like a Kia or a Hyndai which is still made outside of the country, they are a BITCH to get parts for...

Technically my car is an import, it was built in Canada...

Reply to
Paradox

And yet we find you in a Pontiac group, are you lost? Need directions to=20 find your home?

Well they are assembled here for the most part. As model years are=20 phased out for new ones the parts shelves thin out faster for imports. A=20 thing that I dont like is companies like honda tend to change parts or a=20 design in the middle of a production year so if your not carefull a part=20 you thought you were getting for a 94 might actually be for an earlier=20 production 94. Very aggravating... I hear enough about those korean cars=20 to stay away from them. You would think they wouldnt offer up a 10 year=20 warranty with their record. 20-30 years from now I'm sure I'll still be=20 able to find parts for my 98 Bonneville but a 98 Honda, toyota, kia, or=20 Hyndai would be highly questionable. But then again laws and/or gas=20 prices would probably make them all disappear... I'm thinking of=20 shooting for 500k on my bonny gas prices permitting.=20

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

and my daughters Camry sets snow covered (NYS) for a week while the local dealer gets a wiper transmission arm from the west coast. Cost (part only) of replacing a broken nylon bushing will be $170. Our other 4 cars are Pontiac's - and the next one probably will be too.

Reply to
Jack Daniels

Just thought that I'd throw in that we use an 86 Silverado every now and then. Fires up the first turn of the key. My friends dad has had Dakotas and Rangers as long as I've known them and he doesn't have a single problem with them.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

"Phillip Schmid" wrote

They should be. Entering the VIN number makes things so much easier when using the GM parts catalogue.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Sometimes I've been asked for the vehicle option code sheet, when ordering suspensions parts, wheels or other parts.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~274,129 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

"Harry Face"wrote

Our parts computer catalog knows automatically what the vehicles options are when the VIN is entered. Definitely handy on some items.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Sure, and saves everybody a lot of pain when they are just guessing what year model they have, or even the basics of what engine transmission etc etc etc.

I started >

Reply to
redbaron550