Mechanic said 5 Fuel Injectors gone.

I have a 2001 Grand Am GT, there was a little jerking and the service engine light came on. I took it to the auto shop and he said "you have 5 fuel injectors that are bad, and it will cost $1600." Everyone I talk to said that is a little extreme. Is he just trying to juice me? Can some help me out with this?

Reply to
koolklown

a klown wrote....

engine light came on. I took it to the auto shop and he said "you have

5 fuel injectors that are bad, and it will cost $1600." Everyone I talk to said that is a little extreme. Is he just trying to juice me? Can some help me out with this?
Reply to
Old And In The Way

Hello Kool, Does sound extreme, and I don=92t think you have bad injectors, just dirty, try another shop and ask if they can clean and test those injectors for about $100.00, they have a procedure where they can clen the injectors right on the car-----Pep Boys-----Great Bear------Midas-----Strauss all do this work. Mike De Vito

Reply to
Michael C De Vito

Thanks, Someone actually offered to do that for $100. He said he would take take them off and clean them on a machine.

Reply to
koolklown

GREAT-------THAT=92S KOOL. Mike De Vito

Reply to