P1145 fuel air metering

Hi, I have a 2001 QX4 and I got the service engine light.I took it to a friends shop and scanned my car with his actron auto OBDII scanner and it gave that code.He ERASED but as I started the car the light came back.What is the fuel air metering?What does it look like?How much would it cost me?thanks, Mobfather

Reply to
mobfather

I have a '01 Nissan Pathfinder. Code P1145 is NOT fuel-air metering. It's the left side intake cam advance sensor. Could be the cam advance sensor, or it could be the widget that advances the cam. First check that the new code is the same as the old code. If so, you can swap the cam advance sensors left/right and see if the bug changes to P1140, which is the right side sensor. If it does, replace the sensor, if it doesn't it's the advance widget or the left side wiring.

You do have a the 3.5L engine, right?

Net: get a service manual.

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

the left side

widget that

P1140, which

the advance widget

Reply to
mobfather via CarKB.com

Glad to help. And glad your dealer didn't screw you on that one -- it's about five minutes for an amateur like me to pull that sensor.

the left side

the widget that

P1140, which

the advance widget