Montana overspeed warning

I have an '01 Montana long wheel base. Bought the van 1 year ago no problem. Now when exceeding 75 (common on I75) I will receive an intermittent overspeed warning from the message center. No codes. Dealer shrugged. The only documentation that I can find is from a caddy posting referencing speeds over 75 sending a warning to the message center. Noticeably there are no performance problems. RPM's are steady. Any ideas?

Reply to
Chad Loeffler

I'm just going to take a guess here, but I think it's GMs way of telling you to slow down when you hit 75+.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

Well hopefully they disable that in States, like Arizona, where 75 is perfectly legal on (e.g.) sections of I-17.

Q to th OP. EXACTLY what is the message, btw? GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Reply to
Chad Loeffler

Kind of like an updated version of the Speed Alert Buzzer on my 68 Buick.

Set a needle pointer to any speed and once the speedometer needle hits the other needle______bbBBZZZZZZZZZZ.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~295,965 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

It's a GM inspired safety thing. It goes along with the GM headlights always on and the inability to hang an arm out the window of a GM car.

Reply to
« Paul »