Pontiac Firebird Sputtering PLEASE HELP?

I have a 99 pontiac firebird and last week one night the check gages light and the ABS INOP light both came on. I think the check gages was light was on for the battery because that one was was waving back and forth alot. Nothing happened that night I didn't notice anything wrong at all. Then the next morning it wouldn't start. I jumpstarted it later on in the day and it had been working fine until today. Both lights came back on and it started sputtering for about a quarter of a mile. I didn't have to much control over it. It seemed like when I went upwards on hill or whatever it lost all power. I took it into an auto repair place and they thought it was something with the alternator so they fixed that but on my way home it broke down again. I am sorry I don't know anything about cars so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Reply to
cjulo86

Take it back to the shop who replaced the alternator. They should fix it properly.

Reply to
80 Knight

but do you have any idea what could be wrong with it.

Reply to
cjulo86

Sounds like an alternator of battery. You said they 'fixed' your alternator. Did they replace it?

Reply to
80 Knight

This is going to be incredibly easy for somebody who knows something about cars. We can't really troubleshoot here by ASCII. Find somebody where you are that can fix things.

Reply to
Joe