Pontiac solstice at msrp??

What a joke - even with the few 2006's still around the local stealers are still asking $5k over sticker. I would have loved to have bought one of these but I guess I will settle for a new Miata and it's steller

16 year track record.
Reply to
Dan.Olstad

Dan, come join us at

have people there who'll help try and track down a Solstice for you at MRSP. However, you may have to travel to get it.It took me 6 months of waiting to get mine but it was worth it. $5,000 over MRSP. Sounds like you live in either FLA. or CA.

Reply to
sixgun

I picked up an 06 Miata that night on my way home - at invoice pricing too and I could not be happier with the car. The Solstice is an awsome looking car but GM sure know's how to screw something up by not balancing production and creating an atmosphere where a stealer charges a 20-25% additional markup.

Reply to
Dan.Olstad

Yes but it is the new toy on the block. My brother bought one of the first Miatas imported into the states in 1989. Her paid $4000 over sticker and another tried to buy it for $5000 over sticker but my brother had a signed contract. The sticker price was $16,000. Wait a year and they will probably have rebates on them after the novelty wears off.

Reply to
Dave

And I ordered my Solstice last September and it arrived in April. Yea I could have walked in and bought a Miata, (that has not changed dramatically since the launch in 1989).

I opted to wait for the Solstice and realized it will be a limited production vehicle.

I would have rather had the opportunity to order a new Opel GT from Germany which is built on the same platform, or the concept Vauxhall version.

Cheers

Dave wrote:

Reply to
.

At my dealership we sold the first solstice a limited one of the first

2000 for sticker as well as the last 2006 we got. We have a 2007 coming in and we have a buyer for it already at sticker price. I don't know why any dealer would still be asking over sticker. We are in Florida but the demand has fallen. I have seen a few used in the big cities near that they want over the original sticker but they have been sitting for a long time now.
Reply to
John

Reply to
Bart Simpson