1993 Mustang "Transition Phase"!?

"Everything about this stang is a cobra minus the emblem on the side."

Well, that and it's obviously an AOD car, has a standard 5.0 intake, all the stuff that's hidden from view of these photos, and oh yeah... you're full of it!

A Guy Named Steve

stuff that's hidden from view of these photos, and oh yeah... you're full of it!

LOL That guy is FOS, or perhaps a doof who fell for the story first. I know someone that deals a lot of used cars and he had someone in about

1998 that had an old Chevrolet which he claimed had an engine from a 1987 Grand National. Well he didn't know better but he asked my help, so he and I showed up to look at it with someone else I know in his 1987 GN. The guy trying to sell the car just about crapped himself when we showed up since being the person who installed the engine he knew full well it wasn't.
Reply to
WindsorFo

$12,000 for a 53k 1993 stang ?

if he called it a Cobra, he probably turnd back the milage too Or its got a problem, so no one was driving it, some kind of goop on the manifold too. cobra has cobra plate on manifold not 5.0 plate

Worth about $4,000 ?

Reply to
Dike Melanis

... you're full of it!

that must be the brown stuff on the top of the engine......

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

It looks like it would be rusty radiator water that leaked when the little hose broke, but why wouldn't you clean that off before takign a picture?

Reply to
WindsorFo

na, that is some kind of gook, perhaps instead of replacing the gasket they gooked it, with gray epoxy OR it could be candle wax from working on the engine late at night trying to turn it into a cobra

a leak would only be where hose end is.

Reply to
Dike Melanis

stuff that's hidden from view of these photos, and oh yeah... you're full of it!

Yep, just a regular, low-mileage '93 'vert with an auto.

Long time no see... what's up? How are things?

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

Hi Patrick - doing well. Still on the search for a car I can race and not have to mess with much. But I'm in no hurry. Still doing the same thing in the same place.

Still using a seeverist@ email address - but using comcast for a while. Was sorta surprised that this 13 year old login would work via Google groups.

What's up with you?

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

=20

=20

=20

And the wife?

Duel purpose (a daily driver and track) or primarily just a second car/more= track car? =20

And I'm still in the Hurricane State.

as sorta surprised that this 13 year old login would work via Google groups= .

I still have the same prefix, but now Cox [.net}. =20

Not sure if you knew... I picked up an '11 GT a couple years ago. You can = easily guess at its appearance and option sheet.) The Cobra is gone -- my = Fox era is over after a 25-year run. Kids are doing well -- my son [finall= y] got his first car -- 2006 SRT Magnum (want to guess the color?). But I = really haven't been doing anything car related -- the GT is still factory s= tock and I haven't done any racing, in years. I do, however, still read ev= erything automotive and I attend car shows from time to time. =20

Last I heard you had sold the Buick and were playing around with a daily dr= iver and getting some pretty impressive times. I can't remember the vehicl= e though.) So bring me up to date on your automotive life. =20

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84

stuff that's hidden from view of these photos, and oh yeah... you're full of it!

He puts cool pictures on Facebook sometimes LOL :oP

Reply to
WindsorFo

WindsorFo

Good - she's been really busy, which is nice as an architect when the econo= my is in the tanks. Things have picked up a bit lately.

re track car? =20

Second car - something I can drive when I want some power and take to the t= rack when I want to race. Always looking for a clean 5.0 notch. Also like t= he 2005-6 GTO's, but they're still close to $20k around here.

At least you're not in ABQ anymore. I'm hoping we'll get back to Santa Fe i= n April for our 10th anniversary. We go to NM every year, but haven't been = to Santa Fe since our 5th.

n easily guess at its appearance and option sheet.) The Cobra is gone -- m= y Fox era is over after a 25-year run. Kids are doing well -- my son [fina= lly] got his first car -- 2006 SRT Magnum (want to guess the color?). But = I really haven't been doing anything car related -- the GT is still factory= stock and I haven't done any racing, in years. I do, however, still read = everything automotive and I attend car shows from time to time. =20

I may have seen something about that. I browse through here once ever sever= al months or so. The Cobras really haven't held value as well as I thought = they should. They're now 20 years old. Amazing to think my first GS350 was = only 14 years old when I got it. I've been to the drag races a few times. I= usually just watch and take a few photos. It's tough to be there and not b= e racing. Car shows have never really interested me.

driver and getting some pretty impressive times. I can't remember the vehi= cle though.) So bring me up to date on your automotive life. =20

Never did get around to doing much of anything with the V6 Rav4. Didn't eve= n take it to the track this year. Got a 15.05 out of it right after I bough= t it. A guy in Delaware has done very little (custom cold air intake, exhau= st, lighter wheels (original are runflat), torque converter (he says didn't= help) and a different throttle body. His best is 13.903 @ 98.48mph. I thin= k the exhaust and wheel/tire combo are a big part of that. The intake swap = doesn't do much without the exhaust. It would be fun to be able to run 13's= , but I don't feel like putting out the effort for my daily driver V6 SUV..= .

Steve

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

the stuff that's hidden from view of these photos, and oh yeah... you're full of it!

Define "cool" - you mean me running or biking? Doing a duathlon tomorrow. 5K run/14 mile bike/5K run. It's a hilly course. Hope to finish in under 2 hours.

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

run/14 mile bike/5K run. It's a hilly course. Hope to finish in under 2 hours.

The scenery pictures. Oh, and people tripping over dogs....

Hey Patrick, what made you ditch NM for FL???

Reply to
WindsorFo

run/14 mile bike/5K run. It's a hilly course. Hope to finish in under 2 hours.

As long as it isn't me. I pushed so hard on that bike that my run was over 1 min/mile off where it should have been.

Have you never been to Albuquerque!?!?

Steve

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

run/14 mile bike/5K run. It's a hilly course. Hope to finish in under 2 hours.

min/mile off where it should have been.

Only once, I missed my Left turn. I've heard SF is pretty nice year around.

Reply to
WindsorFo

5K run/14 mile bike/5K run. It's a hilly course. Hope to finish in under 2 hours.

min/mile off where it should have been.

I got married in Santa Fe. Wouldn't want to live there - but it's a great place to visit every few years for an anniversary.

Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

5K run/14 mile bike/5K run. It's a hilly course. Hope to finish in under 2 hours.

min/mile off where it should have been.

I wasn't the weather. Albuquerque's = ideal. Florida = 7 months good, 5 months terrible.

Military thing. I wanted to live overseas one more time.

Patrick

Reply to
patrick.mckenzie84