Re: 91 Pontiac Bonneville SE

When it comes to cars over 20 years old, it could be anything. Every part fails eventually. My only quick tip is the next several times you get in the car to start it:

  1. Turn the key to ON.
  2. Listen for a few seconds
  3. Turn key to START You will at least find out if the fuel pump works on the times it does or not start. GW

Michael Bailey wrote:

I had an unusual experience with my old faithful bonny, and as I may add > the very best car I have ever owned and I have had over 200 vehicles in > my 40 years. I went grocery shopping yesterday and after I got back in > my car it would turn over but not start, I waited about 10 minutes and > cranked it again and it started > right up. When I got home I tried it again and the same thing happened, > it would not start. I tried it a little later on in the evening and it > started right up. I am thinking it is the fuel pump or the fuel > pressure regulator, which is a much cheaper and less difficult fix. Is > this a common problem with these cars or does anyone in this group have > any ideas, also > I have had no service engine alarms what > so ever, please give me some feedback if possible.
Reply to
Geoff Welsh

GW

The man said its a 1991 not 1983 where you getting this 20 year old car idea ?

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~266,400 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face

My '91 Grand Prix acted that way when the crank sensor went out. What you need to determine is when it acts up is it getting any spark when you turn it over. If not, that could be the problem or possibly the ignition module.

Tom

Reply to
Thomas

Ooops. Oh well, post stands as relevant anyway.

12, 15, 20, 30 old

-- GW - Conservational Ergonomist - note incorrect email address "It's good to yell at people and tell them you're from Tennessee. That way you'll be safe." - Gary Busey

Harry Face wrote:

Reply to
Geoff Welsh