Re: Gm warranty ..cleeve

C,

Don't argue with the dealer. The FP Strainer only lists for $18.49

LOL

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~259,100 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Well .. I'm kinda a cheap ass .. last time I was at this dealer I got stuck for 1200.00 in injectors, and 300.00 for a fuel pump.

They called me today, told me I had some melted wires, going from the fuel pump/float to the connection on the outside of the tank .. sure as shit I did .. they wanted, get this .. $339.20 (plus tax) to fix that .. I was like WHAT?! For 4 3 3/4" wires?!?! You are nuts. They said GM don't sell just the wire setup (it was almost like it had it's own loom just for the fuel pump and float). So I ran down to the local u-pull it, and picked up one from a 90 olds.. the only difference is that mine originally had, atleast from what I can gather, a noise filter on it (little white box, with some very fragile magnetic core shit in the middle, and copper wire wrapped around it) (The people at the dealership had no idea what the hell it was, and the mechanic said he didn't see why it won't work), and the one I picked up, didn't have one on it (who needs noise filters for the radio when you don't use it)... Saved myself $338.20. Well .. I guess I find out for sure tomorrow .. if the dealer shop is still in one piece, I'll assume it worked out ok ..

Reply to
clevere