RE: Starter Question

I hope I'm writing this to the correct group. A while back I asked a question about my '66 Executive's starter (wasn't cranking) and received a lot of great help. After a drive crash, I've lost all those posts, but have determined the problem...and still have a question.

The starter was the source of the problem. I've since bought a new starter and am ready to install. Maybe it's because I've hit my head one too many times on the brake drum getting under the car, but I've forgotten how to wire it back up. In a nutshell, I have 3 wires...two of which I'm sure where they go. They come down from somewhere on the top of the engine (the car is jacked up, so I haven't climbed up to see where), the other comes from the positive on the battery. I believe that the battery wire should be connected to the same terminal on the starter as the other "big" cable that comes from the "tube". Am I right? I'm not sure where else it would be connected, so I'm pretty sure I have it right.

Thanks for all the help.

Reply to
ssc

ssc@remove_me.copelandelectronics.com wrote: > In a nutshell, I have 3 wires...two of which I'm sure

Yes. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Geoff,

Thanks! I'll be back under the car tomorrow to finish it up. On the plus side, the scalp bruises make my hairline look better.

Scott

Reply to
ssc