Release Vibe rear window (hatch) glass?

One of the local "remove the part yourself" wrecking yards has a Vibe with the rear glass in better shape than mine, but of course the vehicle
has no battery and the normal way of unlocking the glass does not work.
Any ideas on how to release the glass without power?
Perce

How about this idea? Take along a small 12V battery (e.g., from a lawn tractor or UPS) and find a convenient connection point to energize the release mechanism. But where would be a good place to connect it?
Perce
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

You will have to find the wiring diagrams. A good GM dealer should have them and let you look at them or print a paper copy. The wiring info will also show where the connectors are located. Or,check the diagram for wire color code and cut the wires at a convenient location.
On 06/05/2017 07:08 PM, Paul in Houston TX wrote:

I didn't find a wiring diagram, but I took a jump-start device with me to the junk yard. I removed the plastic lining of the hatch, then cut and stripped the ends of the four wires heading toward the bottom of the window opening. I figured that the thicker wire (white insulation) probably was the "common" or ground, and connected the output of the jump-starter between that one and a white-and-black striped conductor (it just happened to be the first one I tried) -- "clunk!" and the glass was unlocked.
I got a pair of roof-rack cross rails at the same time. My Vibe now looks more "complete."
Another of the Vibes there had the whole hatch and both the driver's-side doors locked, but there was nothing I needed from it.
By the way, I just discovered for the first time since we got our Vibe about 18 months ago, that the key that works in the ignition does not unlock the hatch. Is that the way they all are?
Perce
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

Thanks for the update. Glad it worked out. (cars and electronic wire colors are opposite that of house wiring. Black or green blk/grn is ground.) I don't have any experience with Vibe keys or the Toyota equivalent. It sounds like GM considered that a trunk with a trunk key. Like in the old days. Nowadays, cars only have one key lock - on the driver's door.
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

Should be a single key.
--
Steve W.