Squeel, squeel, squeel, squeel, squeel...

Pontiac 6000. Brake problem. They are locking prematurely on the right side only. And when you let off of the brake to go, you get a "thunk" form the right side. What's wrong? We tried calipers to see if that was it - nope. New brake hoses. The pads and rotors (or whatever they are) are only a year and a half old. Dad said it might be the master cylinder... Any ideas?

Reply to
Travis King

thump might be back brakes wearing out.. I had that problem on my grand am. don't know about the locking problem

Reply to
ADAM KRACKENBERGER

Reply to
Travis King

Reply to
ADAM KRACKENBERGER

Reply to
Travis King

I would think you would have found this when you did the calipers, but, it sounds like a groove in the caliper mounting bracket. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Were there shims with your brake pads? If these weren't installed, you'll get a noise as there will be "slap" between the caliper and pads when no brake pressure is applied. Been there and dealt with that before on my wife's car.

Reply to
Snoopy

There's not only a noise, you can feel it thunk.

Reply to
Travis King

Reply to
Travis King