strange water problem

Have 93 Pontiac Grand Am. After a good rainfall, I have water in floor on drivers side, never behind brake and clutch pedals, just in floor. Put a hose on windshield, let run a long time, couldn't see any leak. Plus on cold mornings, have as much frost inside, all across, not just drivers side, as I do on outside of windshield. I would think this is a winshield problem, but why is floor just wet on floor and not behind pedals. What can I check before I have to take it to auto glass shop. Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Sam

It's normal for the cowl to leak on those cars, however the water always accumulates on the passenger floor because it runs into the air intake. If it were my car, I would remove the cowl, remove the accumulated dirt, leaves, and debris from both drains, seal the air intake to cowl with black urethane, replace cowl and seal the top edge with urethane. It's also possible that a door seal is leaking. Run water on and around the left door.

Reply to
« Paul »

Reply to
Scott Buchanan