Sunfire gear cable?

Hello,

I am the owner of a 2002 Pontiac Sunfire. The other day I stopped to go the store,and when I cranked my car it was stuck in the park position. The car wasn't holding in any of the gears. The car was put in neutral position,and the car wouldn't move. The towing truck driver said he believes the shift gear cable broke. Does this sound right? A mechanic will look at it, but I need a second opinion.

Thank you so very much,

LD

Reply to
Linda Duhart

Yeah. It either broke or came off... at one end or the other.

Reply to
« Paul »

Thank s for taking the time to responding . I am in the process of learning all I can about cars. I was concerned, because I have been keeping up on my maintenance checks. I wll continue to take care of my car as best as I can, and in spite of this experience with the gear cable I will not be paranoid when I drive. I will enjoy my car. This is my first repair, and I plan to have m "Sunfire" around for a while. Thank you very much LD

Reply to
Linda Duhart

Thank you very much LD

Lose the html, the music, and the pics and you'll get more answers.

Reply to
FBR