Tires - Yokohoma vs Triple Tread

I need to get new tires for my 2000 GP. Anyone have anything to say about either the Goodyear Triple Tread or the Yokohama AS430?

Reply to
D Duck

Shep

All I can relate is my own experiences: your mileage may vary.

Over the years I've getton more and more disgusted with Goodyear tires. On the 1987 Olds 98 I had the original Goodyears wore out in

33,000 miles. The Goodyears on my present car, a 1994 Regal, aren't doing much better (the orignal owner of the car replace the original Goodyears with Goodyears - now on second replacement set). I guarantee you when those Goodyears wear out, that car will never see Goodyears again.

As to Yokohamas - LOVE 'EM!! On the Olds I replaced the original Goodyears with Yokohamas (cannot remember the exact type number, but the where V rated performance tires). They improved the handling loads (the Olds was a Touring Sedan with the FE3 suspension) and I got nearly 55K miles out of them. Now I must add that the ride was not as compliant with the Yokohamas as with the Goodyears, but it was a trade-off I was willing to make.

When the tires on the Regal need replacement (5~8K miles from now) Yokohamas will be on my list, along with Toyo and Dunlop.

I hate on principal to buy foreign tires, but none of the US companies seem to offer much that is worth considering (don't even think about asking me what I think of Firestone, unless you want an earful).

Regards, Bill Bowen Sacramento, CA

D Duck wrote:

Reply to
William H. Bowen