Trans-Am Stuck Tach

Hi There...

I own a 1979 Trans Am, 6.6 liter, 10th anniver.which has been in storage for a few years...when I started it up the other day I noticed the tach was stuck at about 4500RPM, it wont come down.

I was wondering before I bring it to the repair shop if anyone else has had this problem and is there a quick fix that I can try.

Thanks for your help

Fran

Reply to
FJ

No quick fix for that, unless maybe it's unplugged. When it gets power on it, it should zero. Its power supply is pink and black, and it's plugged into the front of the fuse box, and the back of the tach.

There may have been a mid-year change on that, and it may be integrated into the wiring harness at the fuse block. I don't remember if I've seen that on a 79 or not.

Reply to
Joe