Where is the ABS computer located on a 99 Grand AM GT?

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help point out the ABS computer on a

99' Grand AM GT. What does it look like, and were is it located?

The reason I am asking is my ABS has ceased to work and my local mechanic has suggested that the problem is probably the computer that has an electrical problem. When they plug in the scanner, there are several different types of errors that are registered all from the ABS system, and therefore the ABS light goes off disabling the ABS. The ABS light does not go off right away, but instead after about 15mins of driving. The reason I am looking for the computer is because I intend on attempting to purchase an computer from an Auto Parts Salvation company and replace it myself, however I need to know where to look first. :) I would love to have someone else do it, however I was quoted at least $2,000 to have this problem fixed. I am looking for a more economical way of fixing the problem.

Any additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Steph

Reply to
stephan.ethier

Which are???

Well you can buy a nice another nice 99 Grand Am for that much. Sounds more economical to me.

Go some where else where they know how to diagnose and quote a proper repair. I've seen multiple brake codes thrown from one simple connection problem.

Reply to
Bon·ne·vil

Reply to
Shep