Discovery Sunroofs!

I read with much interest on here a long while back, that a sunroof seal for a 300Tdi was unavailable, well it is................... £700 and thats including the complete sunroof! However, someone mentioned that a Peugot seal is an exact part. I cant remember if it was a Peugot 106 or a 206, can anyone shed some light on this?

Hope to hear soon as its wet inside :o(

Kind Regards

Alistair

Reply to
Alistair

Alistair, Pug 106 should fit, or if you ask for a seal from a post 2003 Disco 2 that should fit as well.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Dickinson

In the June 2004 issue of LRO page 201 the suggested seal is from a Peugeot

Reply to
Snoopy V8

Which year 106 is that - the current model?

Reply to
Mungo

I did go to the Peugeot dealer here, and they want £39 + Labour Tax for it!!! Considerably cheaper than the LR one tho. Anyway, I believe I have found the cause to my leaky rear sunroof. The drain tube that exits from the L/H/S of the aperture tray was handily crushed between the headlining and the roof, so when parked with the offside on the kerb and a drop of rain, the water was trapped six inches down the tube and over flowed the tray and leaked inside. Also, the tray is steel and the bit that the tubes fit onto are plastic (WTF) so the plastic is siloconed onto the steel (which also leaked) so thats been cleaned and a liberal amount of Loctite RTV has been applied.

So hopefully when it rains again, never thought I would ever say that!!

Alistair

Reply to
Alistair