Why is Everyone Diss'n GM?

Seems like everyone is Diss'n GM, the below article says GM shows up with lots of DUDS at the Auto Show.

Lil Rascal

Well, one thing I have to agree about: Why buy a GM truck rebadged as an ISUZU? What's the point of that? Has anyone ever always wanted an Isuzu so bad they would pass up the same thing labled as a GM product? Why not just up the warranty on the GM equivalent and dump Isuzu altogether? I don't agree that the Canyon/Colorado is at the back of the pack, though.

WW

Reply to
WaterWatcher

"Lil Rascal:, you forgot to mention that GM also had the top "Stud" of the auto show. You didn't do that intentionally, did you? Have another look. ;-)

Best Buys for 2005, '06 and Beyond 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

StingRay

Sadly the worlds largest auto maker, at least for now, has forgotten completely how to lead.

Making "Me Too" products like the HHR and almost as good as the other guys vehicles like the G6 does not cut it for the leader of the pack.

Keeping Isuzu on life support with rebadge jobs ?????

Tarting up a Saab and calling it a Cadillac for Europe ????

Tarting up an Australian car and calling it the GTO ????

What the **** are Bob Lutz and the rest of those self styled geniuses thinking ?????

Sad! John

Reply to
John Horner

They had the designer for the PT cruiser design, it, yet nobody bothered to say "hey, that looks way too much like the last thing you made" ?

*shrug* I don't see alot of Isuzu's out here.

They should have just released it as a Monaro here, it probably would have been more of a hit.

Reply to
Paradox

there are a shitload of Rodeo's in my area, so many infact that I see just as many as I do S blazers.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Well, properly outfitted, with options you can special order, it is possible to squeek in at just under $20K with rebates on a basic "stripped" 4*4 model with proper offroad accesories, bigger engine, altered diff, etc.

Done this way, it's an Xterra killer. Any other configuration is way overpriced.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

I would argue that they've forgotten how to listen (to their customers in particular). Based on recent announcements (like adding GM badges to the cars to pump up sales...yeah, right!), they *STILL* haven't gotten it!!

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Everybody kicks you when you're down.

Businesswise, this is a tough year for Ford and GM. They've kept sales up with huge discounts and rebates, and it just has to end sometime. A lot of folks in the U.S. have spent all they can. The price of gas cuts into spending, and so some folks can't afford a car, and even if they could, they might look for something small that gets good gas mileage. Losing market share to Toyota, for instance, might indicate the price of gas is having an effect.

It's really just stockholders that should be complaining about sales. I mean, car enthusiasts don't care whether GM makes money or not. You could argue that a slowdown in sales is because they didn't make better products, but that would sure be hard to prove based on history! Talk is cheap.

I can't call them stupid like a lot of people do, because I'm not their target audience, I don't think. In other words, I can't say "If they'd make (fill in the blank) I'd buy it". I don't expect them to come out with anything I would actually buy. I hope they fool me.

Joe

David Norris