Window removal

I am in the process of painting a 1991 Grand Prix SE and was wondering what is the best way to remove the back seat windows for a better paint job.

Reply to
lococsx

If it's like my '93, I'm assuming your'e talking about the windows that only go 2/3 down.

I may be painting mine soon too, personally I wouldn't remove them. I'd tape them up with 2" masking tape while they are up, move them down and sneak tape under the weather seals at the rear edge, masking everything off.

That's just my opinion. I think pulling them out of their tracks and putting them in may require special adhesives etc. I have been in my rear door panels to replace a window regulator and to remove a dent from a door. It is seriously no fun to get your hands in the doors to do any work and a lot of hassle.

Regards.

what is the best way to remove the back seat windows for a better paint job.

Reply to
Triquel