65 911 owned by Ferry Porsche

Found a 65 911 the owner says was owned by Ferry Porsche. If this is documentable, what does this do to the value of the car?

Chris

73 911 E
Reply to
C McFaul

I'd say nothing. Now if it were Jon Voight's LeBaron on the other hand...

Brad

1988 944 Turbo S 1989 944

Reply to
Edmond Dantes, The Count of Mo

I actually was looking at a 944S2 Cabriolet that belonged to Tony Robbins at one point!

Reply to
Devils944S2

For me it would lower the price; every special edition made for a member of the Porsche family has had the ugliest color scheme they could find at the time. And there was they 4-door 928 . Emanuel

Reply to
E Brown

2 years ago there was a 928 for sale that was owned by Steven Spielberg. i think it sold for what a normal 77 or 78 929 sold for (i.e., squat).
Reply to
Sam Hain

I guess I read something about that car in some book (I could check, but they are so many!!!)... but I think that would be the kind of car that Porsche AG would keep!

I knew a lawyer here in Portugal that bought a special edition 964 that belonged to Boris Becker. Unfortunately, he died shortly after...

Reply to
Vasco Ricardo

Ha! A great Seinfeld episode. . .

- Bill

1966 912 1974 MB 240D
Reply to
Bill Schmidt

I have his pre-production 911S Targa, which I plan to show at Rennsport.

Reply to
Orval Fairbairn

Jon Voight had a 911 too?

Brad

1988 944 Turbo S - Silver Rose 1989 944

Reply to
Edmond Dantes, The Count of Mo

GREAT ANSWER !!!!!!!!!!! also a fan, woody

911 turbo
Reply to
woody

GREAT ANSWER !!!!!!! also a fan, woody

911turbo
Reply to
woody

HUH? My Targa was Dr. Ferry Porsche's, NOT Jon Voight's.

BTW, is the 1965 coupe Irish Green, too? I understand that it was Ferry's favorite color on a Porsche.

Reply to
Orval Fairbairn

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (C McFaul) wrote in news:20040415110909.21065.00000481@mb- m28.aol.com:

Just our .02, we have found that celeb ownership generally adds about 20% to the value of the car. If the celeb is dead or likely to become so soon, it is higher.

Case in point, Sonny Bono's 1974 911 sold for 27,000.00 and Eminem's 1996 God-awful ugly purple Mustang sold for 36,000.00

The documentation needs to be in PERFECT order, each car we have sold with celeb ownership had a photo of the person with the car and a copy of the original title in their name.

Hope this helps

WCV Sales

Reply to
WCV.C