Porsche as commuter car?

Has anyone ever used their Porsche as a commuter car? I am currently residing in Germany and I drive about 100KM one way and have been looking at some 911's. I understand the servicing is outrageous so I would really not want to tax the car as much as the one I have now (94 MBenz C280).

Reply to
ittia

I don't see the problem - I used my 911SC as my daily driver for 3 years, and my 944 has been one ever since I bought it (better heat and AC, better gas mileage). Maintenance isn't that bad, and the pleasure in driving them is worth it. Emanuel

Reply to
E Brown

I have a 1987 924S with 192,000 miles (250K KM?) and drive about 40+ miles per day in city. As long as the car is regularly serviced, I see no problem with using a Porsche (what ever model you choose) as a daily commuter.

Reply to
Mike

On a good day I'll put 100 miles on my 1986 Porsche 944, drive it almost everyday off the week year round. The reliability of the car is absolutely amazing (knock of wood). I get paranoid about the timing belt/water pump between if it hasn't been done for a few years, but thats about all. If your looking for a 911 as a commuter car, most owners will tell you the same thing....they are known to be even more durable than the 944, depending on the model.

Reply to
Paddington