Advice: Removal of Salt Flakes

Well, I was a little too anxious to take the 911 out of storage because we had a couple of sunny days in Chicago. Unfortunately there is still far too much salt on the roads and of course it kicked up on the bra and especially on the rear bumper aft of the wheels.

I've washed the car today but the flakes remain. Any suggestions on a non-abrasive approach to removing those nasty flakes?

Thanks in advance.

Paco

Reply to
Carrera Owner

Paco, I'm probably slow.... but what do you mean by flakes? The salt? or the paint? the salt should have washed off and the paint shouldn't flake off because of road salt

cheers

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

Guenter,

You are not slow and thanks for the reply. I should have been more explicit.

They appears as flakes of white salt. I used the word flakes because they are not crystals but more like white specs which are very difficult, but not impossible, to remove.

Since the initial posting I have taken warm, almost hot, water and rubbed like h?ll to remove them. It has taken a long time but they have been removed.

It is the first time I have experienced anything like that from road salt, but it will be the last time. From this day on I will never remove the 911 from storage until there has been a good number of spring showers.

I can only imagine what that salt has done to the underbelly. It's time to move away from the Chicago area.

Paco

Reply to
Carrera Owner

There's still room in south Texas...come on down! We don't even understand "putting our cars away for the winter."

Reply to
Weekend Guru