V-50 package on 996TT

I have purchased a 996TT (2002 CPO) and expect to be picking it up from the dealership this afternoon or tomorrow morning. The original owner was a Porsche enthusiast and took the car to events from time to time. It has 18k miles on it.

Is there a way, other than paper records, to determine if this car has the V-50 upgrade package that I understand was available? Any obvious physical changes or modifications that may be observed?

I don't know much about these cars, so will be in a learning mode for a while. I traded an '06 BMW M5 for it.

TIA,

Eisboch

Reply to
Eisboch

The package is the X50 - it gives the car an extra 35bhp (450 rather than 415) through internal tweaks and as far as I know includes no external changes to the car. epbrown

-- "Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car; most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus

2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
Reply to
E Brown

Thanks. I don't know where "V-50" came from ...

Eisboch

Reply to
Eisboch

You can research the car's VIN # thru Porsche in Atlanta. I think you can find them @ 1-800-Porsche. They should be able to give you all the original equipment...but would not know if it was installed post-delivery...which could have been done. For that information, you'd have to contact the previous owner because he could have ordered the parts kit and had it installed by an independent shop.

Odds are...if it didn't come with the kit on it, it wouldn't have been installed post-delivery, as it's a real pain...and VERY expensive...laborwise.

Regards from Texas....

Reply to
Guru

Thanks for that info. I picked the car up this afternoon and stopped here at the house to check in before doing some more driving. Can't get the grin off my face. The M5 was a great car. I can see that the 996TT is also a great car, in an entirely different way.

The dealership is going to put me in touch with the original owner for any questions I may have. Apparently he offered and they just want to check again with him before they give me his telephone number.

I don't think the car has the X50 package. It was purchased new at the dealership I bought it from and they did all the maintenance work, so they would have records.

Gotta go ... this *is* a fun car!

Eisboch

Reply to
Eisboch

That smile will only come off after the CPO warranty is over...and you have to actually pay for something like a waterpump or turbocharger to be replaced.

Driving...the smile will remain. And...you're right...it's an entirely different driving experience compared to the M5. Lower center of gravity, and all-wheel drive gives you a "connection" to the road that no sedan can duplicate. Heavens...it's a PORSCHE TURBO!!

Be safe...and have fun!

Reply to
Guru