Best Rated threads in Porsche Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

No power to fuel pump (944) help!
It's at my mechanics right now for an intermittent starting problem I've been having. They didn't hear the fuel pump running so they tested to see if the fuel pump was getting power, it wasn't. They...
18
18

Targa Cabriolet conversion
Hi, I know squat about Porsche's but have always wanted one for fun weekend driving, in particular a cab. This pretty much mandates not spending a whole lot of money. I've come across a '79 Targa...
7
7

Low Beeping sounds when clutch is engaged
I just bought a 2002 boxster and everytime I engage the clutch a low sounding beep sounds. Any ideas of what this warning means? Thanks.
1
1

2000 Boxster S: Roof not retracting fully
Just retracted roof but it stopped about 2 inches shy of flush with horizontal body panel. I put it back up and drove home where I tried again. this time it was fine and still is today Anyone else...

QUESTION: where's the early 944 A/C low pressure port?
Hi, I went to service my AC the other day, and I could not find the low pressure port on teh early 944 (i have a 1984 944). It is different from the later 944's that i've seen. On the late 944's the...
3
3

HELP: Porsche 944 no spark
Hi Group, The other day my car would not start. The battery is fully charged and the starter cranks well. My friend and I did some preliminary diagnosis with which we discovered: 1. There is 12V at...
19
19

RUF-Porsche CTR 1 for sale
More Info and photos : RUF-Porsche CTR1 (Yellow Bird) ----- 339 km/h (212 miles / hour) Autotuning A/S* from Norway is offering you one of the most attractive sports cars ever built. Our car is an...
1
1

Porsche 944 vs. Honda CRX Si
Hi, I am stuck with a difficult situation here. I can buy an old Porsche 944 for roughly the same price as a CRX Si. Does anyone have experience with both these cars? I know the CRX is extremely...
6
6

2000 Porsche 911 Polar Silver/Metropol Blue hardtop wanted
I have a 2000 Porsche Cabriolet in Polar Silver with Metropol Blue leather interior. I would very much like to purchase a hardtop for this car. Please contact me via email if you anything worth my...

How to identify a porsche transmission??
I have a Porsche transmission that a friend wants me to sell, but I need some help on how to best sell it. He says it is a C-4 four wheel drive unit. It would fit a 92-93 Carrea. It has some casting...

Porsche 996, Insurance Rates?
Hi, I own a 2002 Porsche 996 Turbo. I'm 31 years old and have never had a ticket or accident. AAA is my insurance carrier. They provide: Liability $500k Bodily Injury $100k Property Damage Physical...
3
3

Porsche 911S 1977 overheating
I have been having problems with my oil level meter. I am unsure if I have too much oil or too little. Yesterday after I added 1 liter, the car started to overheat. I had never seen it go over 210 F....
2
2

my potential first Porsche: Cayenne
Hello all, this is my first posting here. I've always longed for a Porsche, but they have never fit my lifestyle (price or practicality). I'm 26 years old, live in Chicago, and currently drive a 1997...
18
18

Songs with Porsche in lyrics?
Is there a list of songs that have Porsche in the lyrics? Or maybe we could come up with one here? I'd like to burn a CD with those songs.
8
8

Clutch replacement cost for 996
Anyone know the approximate costs to have a clutch replaced at a Porsche dealership for a 2002 996 Carrera 2 6 speed? I've seen the kits online but was wondering what Porsche charged, and about how...
3
3

engine ticking noise
i have a 1988 944 turbo s with 103,000miles on it. the problem is the engine, it runs beautiful with the exception of a rather annoying ticking noise. this noise appears to be coming from the top end...
5
5

1985 Porsche 928 - Pros and Cons
Hi guys, A neighbour is selling his old 928 at a REALLY LOW price, it's in great condition, it will just need paint. Having retored vintage cars before, I want to know some things before I take out my...
9
9

This is quite a steal.
Have a look...
4
4

For Sale Porsche Themed Pinball Machine
1991 Data East Checkpoint. Great Condition Game. Porsche Theme. Super fast. Cabinet is very nice with minor wear near the flippers. Playfield is very nice with day one mylar. Game Plays Great with no...

Looking for a Kirkland car battery for a 1982 Porsche 928 to buy at COSTCO
I'm looking to replace a Die Hard 31249 group 49 with 824CCA battery (dead). Looking for a suitable Kirkland battery replacement that I can pick up at COSTCO. I very seldom use this car, so not...