Top for '69 Karmann Ghia Convert

I'm replacing the top for my Karmenn Ghia Convert. The old owner had taken the back window out, and I'm guessing it was glass. I see that Jbugs sells tops. They state that at 1969 1/2 there started to be a glass window. Apparently it was designed to fold down with the top. They advertise tops before that time with plastic windows, and after that time as "tops where you use your own glass."

First, will one of those earlier plastic windowed tops FIT onto my Karmann Ghia? I want to be sure, because plastic is probably alright with me.

Second, I see glass from time to time, there is one on ebay right now. Should I go through the bother of getting real glass? And is putting it into the window hard to do? The description from the auction is below, I don't understand the flaws he points out as I have not even seen a top yet. Does it sound like this would be difficult?

I'm excited about getting my Ghia running.

Here is the glass description. If possible answer me directly. take out the space before @ and write me at bbbacres @bresnan.net

Bruce

This is a rear window glass from a VW Karmann Ghia convertible, from

1970. It consists of glass, frame, seal, and upper latch. The latch is operative and in very good condition, with only a very few minor surface imperfections in the chrome plating. The glass does not contain the defogger grid. It is in excellent condition, without scratches. It does have less than the usual abrasion evidence from where the top canvas contacts the glass. The frame has a few marks in it at the very top, but this is hidden when the window is installed. It does not include the lower hinges.
Reply to
bbbacres

You can order a replacement top for you year Ghia with the plastic window. I did with my 70. I ordered it from a local TMI vendor.

Reply to
Mel P.