GT3: Silver or Yellow ?

If you had to choose, would you pick a Silver GT3 or a Yellow GT3 ? :)

To make it easier you can compare them here:

I'm leaning towards the Yellow GT3, it looks a bit more sporty imo :)

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Van Roeyen

Yellow!!!!!!!

Reply to
RonStarr

Silver - it's timeless. Yellow is too cyclical, in one year and out the next. Save that stuff for the Ferrari crowd... Emanuel

Reply to
E Brown

Reply to
Devils944S2

Oh man, the yeller one does it fer me.

Silver is too common. It makes it look less special. Too...well, er car-like...

Reply to
The Dead Senator

Silver; more class, timeless, a bit of a wolf in sheep's clothing, etc...

Reply to
LH

Porsches are silver Jaguars are green Ferraris are red

Isn't that about how it goes?

Reply to
Devils944S2

Mine is Midnight Blue ;-)

p.s. And Turbo's must be black

message

Reply to
LH

Devils944S2 wrote: :: Porsches are silver :: Jaguars are green :: Ferraris are red :: :: Isn't that about how it goes?

German cars are silver, British are green (British Green Racing), Italian cars are red, French one are blue... This colors were mandatory when the first car championship took place. There was no constructor or driver championship but nation chanmpionship...

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick M

Seen a yellow one close up - I'd take silver of the two. White would be first choice, though.

Reply to
Jim Keenan

I believe the German colour was white. Mercedes decided that silver was close enough, although I am not sure when. My hazy memory is that they did this to save the weight of the paint by using unpainted aluminium.

Reply to
Paul Spencer

::: German cars are silver, British are green (British Green Racing), ::: Italian cars are red, French one are blue... ::: This colors were mandatory when the first car championship took ::: place. There was no constructor or driver championship but nation ::: chanmpionship... :: :: I believe the German colour was white. Mercedes decided that silver :: was close enough, although I am not sure when. My hazy memory is that :: they did this to save the weight of the paint by using unpainted :: aluminium.

In fact, you're right. My mistake is unforgivable :-) And your explanation about white turning to grey is, in my mind, true...

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick M

You're right - Germany's racing color is white, which is why the Carrera RS was white with colored wheels and lettering. MBZ stripped the white paint off a car in the 30s to save weight and started the Silver Arrows thing, which somehow got all German cars roped in. Emanuel

Reply to
E Brown

Because some noticed in another porsche forum that the cars in the picture didn't have the MkII GT3 alloy wheels, i updated them with the correct wheels :) And lowered the suspension.

Hope that helps to take your pick ;)

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Van Roeyen

You would think French cars would be yellow, no?

Reply to
Devils944S2

Silver...unless you like to stand out and enjoy meeting the local enforcement officers.

I had a '74 "Gulf Orange" 911...and became very "chummy" with the locals. Switched in 6 months to a Desert Beige Ducktail Carrera and never saw them again (although I did remove the "Carrera" side decals.

Words of Wisdom from first hand experience!

Reply to
Weekend Guru