How many quarts of oil in my 2003 Porsche Carrera

How many quarts of oil my 2003 Porsche Carrera may take for oil change? Any recommendations on oil brand/type?

Reply to
ibsystems

Officially, with filter, 9.3 qts. The oil of choice is Mobil 1, and depending upon the climate in your area you can use 0-W40, or 5-W30, or even

15-W50. The factory is now filling all cars with Mobil 1, 0-W40. (You can buy it by the quart, or some supercenters (Wal-Mart) carries several weights in 5 qt containers...and you basically get 5 for the cost of 4 individual qts).

Note: I'd fill with 9 qts, run the engine up to temperature, let the oil drain back, wait at least 10 minutes and then see where the electronic gauge levels off. You don't have to be full up to the top...as the gauge shows only the top quart. So...if you're at least 1/2 way up the gauge...you're OK.

Reply to
Guru