How can I bypass the DME relay?

I have a 1982 Porsche 924 and It is not starting due to fuel problems. Can anyone tell me which two wires I need to connect to bypass the DME relay.

Reply to
924 Owner

You ned to connect three wires. Three blade connectors withh two wires between them like a McDonalds "M"

Check the side of the relay. It will have a schematic of the power routing. A clue is that the three connectors are all the wide ones.

Don't leave it in unless you want to run.

(Actually don't think you've got DME. Whatever.)

924 Owner wrote:
Reply to
someone

You need to connect pins 87 (fuel pump) and 87b (O2 sensor and idle stabilizer) to +12V. For short term testing you can connect to pin 30 which is direct connection to battery and ALWAYS ON. For long term connect to any fuse that is switched on with ignition. Please note that the function of the relay is to switch off the fuel pump if engine stops, by-passing it creates potential fire hazard in the event fuel leak or crash. (The above is correct for 968 and 944S2 but I assume this is std. Bosch set up and will be same on 924). Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²