Re: Oil capacity of the Camry LE with 2AZ-FE engine

Since adding a quarter-quart or half-quart of oil over the Camry manual's recommended 4.0 quarts won't hurt anything, I'm thinking of buying // Super Walmart's // big 5-quart bottle for my next oil change.

I had been buying the Mobil 1 oil available at // Sam's Club. // It's packaged in a box as 6 individual 1-quart bottles. I preferred this

1-quart bottle packaging so the oil-change techs could carefully measure the amount of oil they put in.

However, since a little extra won't hurt anything, I'm considering buying the big, single 5-quart bottle of Mobil 1 that // Super Walmart // sells. The single 5-quart bottle is slightly cheaper than the 6 individual 1-quart bottles at Sam's Club.

The reason I never bought the big bottle before is my concern that the tech might accidentally put all 5 quarts in, when the manual only calls for

4.0 quarts. It's very hard to measure how much oil you've put in from the big bottle--the bottle does not grade volume clearly with lined markings on the side showing how many quarts are left.

Since putting in 4.5 quarts in the '06 Camry's engine won't hurt anything even though the manual calls for 4.0 quarts, will putting in 5 quarts hurt if the tech overshoots? As you recall, the first tech put in 4.25 quarts and the second tech put in 4.5 quarts. Thanks!

Reply to
Built_Well