London Porschephiles

Hope I spelled that right. Anyway, I'll be in London next week and would love to have the opportunity to drive someones Porker. That just doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean. I'd most likely return the favor back here in Seattle. Whatdoyasay...? Call it a "sister city" exchange thing...

DS

95 993 Coupe
Reply to
The Dead Senator

In article , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com spouted forth into alt.autos.porsche...

Unless it was on a track, insurance might be your problem here. Insurance is compulsory, expensive and taxed as well. Unlikely that someone would have any driver insurance cover on a Porsche that would offer the kind of cover needed for a stranger to drive (no offense).

Also unlikely that any insurance you have will allow you to drive a car in the UK that wasn't a typically bland rental wreck.

One of the Guys from one of the Saab lists I'm on came over to the UK from Canada to visit some of the UK Saab group members. As he was under 30, couldn't find a car rental company that would loan him a Saab, had to settle for a 1 Litre Toyota Yaris to drive all over the country in very slowly .

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Oy Meatball - get back onto uk.rec.car.mods

WTF are you doing in here ? - I'm only visiting 'cause I just drove home in a small red audi engined car with pop up headlights - complete with working leccy windows and mirrors and headlight washers. Immaculate bodywork and MOT'd to next may - lots of history as well. Scabby front seats though. It stands me and my brother at

300 notes :-)
Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Bugger off :)

Before getting bitten by the Saab bug, during my Skoda addiction, I was toying with other brands.

The choices came down to 924, Non turbo Quattro Coupe (couldn't dream of a turbo), or the Saab 900 Turbo.

I've always been a porker fan especially 911s, so signed up and asked some advice about 924/early 944 models and versions.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo