Re: Selling Z, quick question

Where are you located?

thanks Todd

Reply to
TARGETZ

Unfortunately, when selling a car, you will have to let them test drive it. If YOU were going to buy a car, YOU too will want to test drive it before you buy it, right? Just make sure your car is up-to-date with your insurance. Full coverage, etc...(I would even call the insurance agent, and ask them if it's covered by a "test driver" or what are the protocols for such a scenario, in other words, cover your ass! it wont hurt to ask either! I mean, we're talking 30k gees here! ;-) You "really" can't tell a driver by the way they dress. You can't judge a book by its cover. IFFFF it's a "younger" person, (say, 17, 18 or19??---use your discretion as to who is "too young"---) I would want them to come along with a parent, guardian or someone older with them. Should they ask you for a test drive (most likely) I personally would them for their drivers license. Make sure they have a valid one. Hold on to it until he/she is done with the test drive. A serious buyer SHOULD NOT be offended by this. Because of insurance purposes, dealers routinely ask for your drivers license, them they make a copy of it and hand it back to you before a test drive, and they ALMOST always go along with you. You would want to drive the car for them First. Then, "IF possible" take it somewhere where there is little or no traffic. A big parking lot for example. .... ....... ................... NOT I-95 YOU don't have to be shy about YOUR terms, you are the seller, if the buyer does not like it, then too bad for them, go on to the next buyer. Just ask them kindly and diplomatically. You wont have problems finding a buyer for it, someone will eventually fall in love with it. (as I did with my 90' ZX :) IMHO Good luck! Dave

"Ted" snipped-for-privacy@vista.com wrote in message news:bfnp86$h4l$ snipped-for-privacy@ngspool-d02.news.aol.com...

Reply to
dave

Unfortuntunatly, most who read up on the 300zx, like I did. Would want to go for a pretty descent length ride. I rode with the owner of mine once then a day before I bought it I drove with him about 15 miles. You want to drive these for a bit with the A/C cranked to make sure they don't overheat after about 15 or 20 minutes. Its one of the things that I saw on

Well damn of course the link that I used is dead now. But it had a fairly lengthy checklist to go down.

Oh well, just some food for thought.

Reply to
ahren dains