Looking for a C4(S) Coupe

I am in the market for a 2001+ C4 or C4S coupe.

Looking for feedback on the best years; the most covetable options; and whether the C4S would function as an everyday driver. I have some concern that the suspension on the C4S would be too rough for commuting. I also plan to drive this car in the nasty Canadian winters.

Thanks

Reply to
DougA

I've put winter tires on my 2003 911TT... awesome - I have a 2nd set of wheels(18x8"/10" f/r) mounted with Vredstein Wintrac Xtreme. We had about - +6" snow storms here in michigan and never had a problem. I've got a steep drive with a sharp right hander at the steepest part. I turn off the traction control and can hang the tail out... lots of fun. Better traction than most SUV's on the road. The only problem I had was snow packing in the wheels causing vibration. I have radiant heat floors in my garage, and if I drive through deep snow while the wheels are still warm the snow can freeze on them.

I've found the suspension to be firm but comfortable even with the poorly maintained Michigan roads. My wife may differ in her opinion though. I drive it daily and love it.

I'm trying to decide on whether to keep the 911TT when my lease is up in dec. I don't know how I can go back to any other vehicle... the jag S-Type's just not the same.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff F

I had an '02 C4 Cab before. I thought the suspension was soft.

I have an '04 C4S Cab. The suspension is just like I like it.

The car is NOT for sale.

H.

Reply to
H. Adam Stevens