Motor building tips

I've got a motor I want to do some mild work to over the winter, anybody got ideas on what I should do first? Cam head work? where should I start and where should I look for the performance parts?

Krawl

Reply to
Krawl

In my experience, a lot of aftermarket engine parts just don't stand up as well as real Porsche engine parts. You may get more performance (for awile) but the engine will not last as long as the real thing.

Reply to
Orval Fairbairn

Then "blueprint" the stock engine. Try to make sure that everthing is balanced and as close to perfect as you or the machine shop can get it. That should give you a smoother running engine that will provide a little more horsepower and economy. This will require a lot of measuring, assembly and disassembly while checking specs. I don't trust a lot of machine shops here in Chicago. I don't feel that they go that extra mile to do the job perfect. :-(

good luck! dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
One out of many daves