Ever been accidented? no clean carfax/title

Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2008 9:18 AM To: Aqus Subject: RE: porsche 968

yes, still available. feel free to call me at

thanks

-----Original Message----- From: Aqus [mailto: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com] Sent: Sat 5/17/2008 8:33 AM

Subject: porsche 968

Is this car still available?

1995 968

Photo for Ad 7686

Category: 924/931/944/951/968 Ad Number: 7686 Price: $7200 Date Posted: 03/20/2008

Features Year: 1995 Make: Porsche Model: 968 Miles: 146,xxx Engine: Fuel Inj. Stereo:

Body Style: Coupe Transmission: Manual - 5 speed

Color: Black Drivetrain: 2 Wheel Drive

Options (denoted by check marks) Power Steering Air Conditioning Rear Defroster Power Brakes Sunroof Leather Seats Air Bags Cruise Control Foglamps Antilock Brakes Power Windows Alarm System Traction Control Power Locks Intermittent Wipers

Description

1995 968 Cabriolet

The Good: New Riken tires on stock wheels, car runs fine, ragtop in good condition, no dents, a few dings, nice carpet, overall condition of paint good but needs a good buffing, new master cylinder, trans shifts smoothly

The Bad: Needs water pump and belts (not all that bad), non-clear rear window, 2 windshield dings (one on drivers side, on passenger side), front valance needs repair, needs pressure plate swapped with lighter spring version (firewall was cracked and professionally repaired (have used pressure plate to install), clutch disk at 50%, dash cracked, appears to have egg damage on hood, cracked headlight lens passenger side, drivers seat bolster torn, needs rear rotors

The Ugly: nothing all that ugly

Bonus: extra pressure plate included

Reply to
erables40

Run away, run away now. This car is a mess and you have to figure it's lots worse than described. Virtually everything that matters needs attention (large amounts of money). "No dents, a few dings"???? What's the difference between a dent and a ding? Join Porsche Club and find a nicely maintained car there. A quality repaint (and this car needs one) starts at $10,000. You will pour money into this car and it'll never be right. How much does a pristine one cost?

Did I read that right? Carfax is bad or non-existant and the title has problems? You can't seriously be considering this car. If it were free I'd think twice about taking it.

The Ugly? The whole deal.

Alan

Reply to
wtrplnet

I'd almost buy an old British car first.

Seriously: This 968 is a basket case, unless you intend to convert it for racing only, follow Alan's advice and run, don't walk, away.

Reply to
Guru