noisy belt

Now that the cold has moved in,there is a belt that is squealing to high heaven in my 944. It is mostly only when the car is cold, and it comes and goes. How so I find which belt it is and what can I do to shut it up?

Reply to
Scotty

probably the a/c-alternator belt.....

Scotty wrote:

Reply to
D Corley

Is it the cold that causes it to squeal? How do I fix it? Its quite embarrassing.

Reply to
Scotty

Open the hood when it's running and listen. Noisy belts at start-up are often alternators. Then re-tension the belt and/or replace it.

Scotty wrote:

Reply to
G Larson

Its a new belt as of September, though. They all are. When it makes noise is there a chance it could break?

Reply to
Scotty

Reply to
doug