Porsche 924 engine - missing duct?

Hi,

I've had this 924 for a few months now and always thought I had a duct missing of some sort. There's a white plastic air intake attached to the front panel of the engine bay over to the left-hand side (if you were looking towards the engine). However, there's nothing attached to it. Photographs of 924 engines seem to show that this vent should have a large piece of ducting attached to it which goes down towards the bottom of the engine - what is it for?

Cheers,

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

There is indeed a plastic air duct that heads towards the alternator (which has an intake opening) - the final connection is made by durable piping.

-- Paul Hedges PCGB 924 Register Secretary

Paul H

Thanks for the replies.. for some reason this second one only just turned up on my news server four days late!

Cheers for the pic, I guess maybe it might be worth getting that PET software on CD - looks pretty useful. I'll look out for the ducting... I suppose it can't be that necessary - am I risking my alternator overheating?

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B