Used 944

I am purchasing a 1984 944. Picking it up tomorrow. It needs 4 tires. I am looking for suggestions as to what is a good tire to put on. Front size is

205/55/16 and rear is 225/50/16. Also the machanic said it needs front struts. is he talking about just inserts? Also how easy are those to change if I did it myself? I appreciate any help anyone can give me. Please e-mail respose to snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net

Thanks.

Reply to
Dan