Back up warning signal

If this legislation is passed in DC will Toyota have a recall?

Reply to
fred seaver

Such legislation cannot mandate retrofits. It can affect only day-forward cars.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

I beg to differ. The legislature makes the laws and can change any that are already on the books if they so desire. And I don't see anything in the Constitution saying that the legislature cannot make a law recalling automobiles.

On the other hand, the legislature is usually reluctant to take such actions since they could be extremely unpopular. But they certainly have the authority to do so in the US at least.

- Leo

Reply to
Leo Siefert