Bluetooth

Can Bluetooth be somehow obtained in a "7" option or lower or must one have and 8 or 9 option ? Ted

Reply to
Ted Brustowicz

Bluetooth is available only with the Navigation system. It's integrated with the microphone that's in the nav system.

Motorola, and probably other companies, makes bluetooth car modules; you might want to try one of those.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Please note that the option list for the US 2005 Prius is much shorter (6 instead of 9), so it's better to use the option codes than the numbers...

Anyhow, the Bluetooth option is integrated with the Navigation system on the 2004 (and later) Prius. So, you'd have to find a package with the Navigation system. That's solely packages BG (2004 US option #8) and package BC (2004 US option #9, 2005 US option #6).

Michelle Vadeboncoeur

Are there any significant differences between the 2004 and 2005 Priuses? I've been recommended to pre order a 2004 model now for delivery early next year and I'd hate to think I was buying an inferior model.

Reply to
JB

The only differences are the packaging of options; instead of nine option packages, there will be six. There is a possibility of some color changes during the mid model year. Oh, and a mild price increase--about 2%.

But if you haven't ordered the car yet, you're sure to get a 2005; anyone who isn't taking delivery within the next month or so will most likely get a 2005.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

where do I find about Prius 2005 US? Ted

Reply to
Ted Brustowicz

Nowhere yet; it hasn't been officially announced. Wait a week or so.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Thanks for that. I had a horrible idea I was getting ripped off but it seems I'm just saving 2%!

Reply to
JB

But if you're just ordering the car now for delivery next year, you're not going to get a 2004 model; you're going to get a 2005, and will most likely pay the MSRP for the 2005.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

I don't know what differences there'll be in the UK models (judging by your yahoo email address). Perhaps someone on

know. In the US, the option list is being shortened from 9 to 6packages (no change in what's in those packages, though), the rear wiper is now standard, and the price is going up about 2-3% to accountfor the wiper. Colors are staying the same for now. But yeah, get ona waiting list, unless you want a car now and are willing to pay farover MSRP for a dealer's "high demand" markup!

Reply to
Michelle Vadeboncoeur

At the moment, only from the rare dealers that have a clue, and what is leaked to various on-line forums...

example.

Reply to
Michelle Vadeboncoeur

Yep UK is right. Thanks for the link I didn't know there was a UK group!

Reply to
JB