Bluetooth Problem

I have a 2007 Prius. It does not have a navigation system. It does have Bluetooth capability. My cellphone service is provided by Verizon. Because of some Verizon liitations I am unable to transfer my Cellphone contacts into the Prius Bluetooth Adress Book. As a result I have entered these manually attaching names to each contact. The cellphone is connected to the bluetooth and I can make and receive calls fine. Though when making calls I am unable to use the voice recognition system to make calls by using the contacts name as it is in the address book. When I touch the off hook button I get a display of what resembles a telephone keypad. If I then touch the talk key I am asked to say thee number to be dialed. This is not what I want. What I want is to be asked the name of the person to be called as I am unable to remember everyones number. How do I get to be asked the name of the contact to be called?This is not very clear in the users manual.

Thanks

Reply to
trvlnmny