Coastal Tech

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if the accessories sold by Coastal Tech conflict with warrantees? I am interested in a couple of the devices that they have developed, and I may purchase them. But I would less inclined if they void any warranties.

What do you know?

-John

05 - Driftwood Pearl (I call it Gold) Package 6 465 Miles of smiles @ 45.2 MPG ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Support our energy independence - Drive a hybrid!
Reply to
JJ

Well, you're definitely on safe ground installing their mud flaps. ;-) But seriously, I agree with you that some of their devices sound really nice. I love the concept of being able to use the navigation system without having to be stopped before entering a destination (and avoiding the "I agree" all the time), but whether these enhancements would void the warranty I just can't say. I think the ones that just involve plugging in wires would be okay, but you certainly don't want to base anything on what *I* think.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

The EV modification can be accomplished in many ways - though the Coastal kit is the most elegant. Any EV mod will void the warranty on the battery, according to Dave Hermance of Toyota's Tech Center.

As for the I Agree killer, video kits, Engine Run and Brake indicator, XM radio, and other nifty gadgets, etc, should not have any effect on warranty as they do not interfere with normal operation.

Reply to
Ike