heater;

I have a question about the heater in the 2004 Prius. The climate controls on indicate "air conditioner". I figure if you want heat you push auto on the console and turn up the desired temperature. My questions are;

  1. Does the air conditioner work when you use heat?
  2. Can turn on the fan just to get air flow without having the air conditioner working?

Thanks

Reply to
silledad

Yup; that "auto a/c" light is wrong; for some reason, it's one light that lights up all that text whenever you're on auto.

By "work," do you mean is it turned on? The answer to that is "no."

Yes, but you have to set it from the LCD screen controls.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

It can. It will if you use the defroster.

Yes, but not from the steering wheel. Hit the CLIMATE button for the multi-function display, and tap the A/C softkey (upper left) to turn off the yellow bar on top. Now you'll get vent and/or heat with the fan speed automatically adjusted but no A/C until you turn it on again either from the touch screen or the steering wheel.

Toyota, if you're monitoring this forum:

  1. Split the "Auto A/C" dashboard indicator into "Auto" (for the fan) and A/C (for the air conditioner).

  1. Make the A/C button on the steering wheel a three-way stepper from off to auto (fan/vent) to auto (A/C), controlling the dashboard indicator appropriately.

Number 2 above can be done in software. Number 1 will probably require adding an indicator and control logic.

Reply to
Jay Hennigan

Not a chance.

Reply to